YUM! I found this recipe in “The Kitchen Table” of The Eat-Clean Diet’s community page (http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=2584#responses) - a great resource for CLEAN recipes!!! I made it this morning & it was really good! The recipe was submitted by nikkiruffs.
BAKED BANANA BREAD OATMEAL FOR ONE
Did you knowww that January is National Oatmeal Month??? More oatmeal is consumed in January than any other month. I had no idea there was even such a thing. My track record I will be celebrating National Oatmeal Month 365 days a year instead!!!! I love Oatmeal for its versatility and even though I eat my Oatmeal every day, I am constantly changing it up. So what better way then today to share my love of Oatmeal with a delicious recipe of Baked Banana Oatmeal. If you love Banana bread you will absolutely loveeee this recipe. Feel free to substitute another fruit if you so choose. The bananas work perfectly in this recipe, and when ripe you don’t need any added sweetener, than just the natural sweetness of the banana itself. Enjoy Folks! Have you had your Oatmeal today??
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax
- 1/2 scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup water (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- chopped toasted walnuts for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small oven proof bowl. I used a dab of coconut butter.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oats, cinnamon, baking powder, ground flax and vanilla protein powder.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together water, mashed ripe banana, egg white and vanilla extract.
4. Pour dry ingredients into wet and stir until combined. Pour mixture into prepared bowl.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until oatmeal is puffed and set.
6. Serve warm with chopped walnuts. Or in my case warmed up with a dollop of almond butter spread on top. Yummm….
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation Time: 5-7 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes